Ep Henry vs. Techo Bloc

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NewHorizon's Land, Jun 6, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Is EP Henry really that much cheaper than Techo Bloc? Called for pricing and EP Henry was around $750.00 for Cov Wall Corners and Techo was around $1400.00 for their pillar pallet. I figured Techo would be cheaper than Ep Henry.

Justin

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

When it comes to there pillars they are. how ever they vary on other things. i know that techo's DBL sided wall is much cheaper than EP Henry. its a wash though, i have priced the exact same job with techo and ep henry and there was hardly a difference in the total.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

$1400 for ONE pillar kit?

Here we pay somewhere around $450 for the pillars, plus $150 for the stonedge cap.

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

There is much more to this comparison other than price. The Techo-Bloc pillar kits are a bit overpriced, but the quality & finish of their product is unmistakable. Typically the pricing works out to be very similar over the entire job, but your labor. aggravation level and scrap piles will be less with Techo.

Kirk

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here Techo is probably 15-20% higher cost wise, but as Kirk said it is a better product overall. Our problem here is that people are not usually willing to pay the extra price unless they fall in love w/ a certain Techo product.

Chris

6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are your pillars so much money? I use regular corner blocks, and finish off with split caps, or a precast cap.

28 corner blocks at $6.80 = $190.40
    5 caps at $5.55 = $27.75
    1 tube adhesive = $6.75

Result = A 24" x 24" x 45" tall pillar and cap for $224.90

This is using Terrace Wall corners. You can achieve the same split face look and colors, without spending the additional cost for Coventry.

(Coventry corners are $9.55 x 28 = $267.40) and even if you use them, how do you come up with those prices?

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

So what are you people paying for a Techo pillar kit and for a 28x28 Cap?

8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I just priced 4 pillars, each one 36" high x 24" wide, with the 28" cap. $3,400. Way over priced in my opinion.

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

For the price of the techo pillar kit, I can sub the pillars to my mason and build masonry stone pillars. And make the same amount of money as i would if i did SRW pillars and do not acctually work.

10. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy cow! Were are you guys coming up with this stuff? I can build a Coventry 24" x 24" by 48" high, capped and glued for $199.36 with double sided corners. No splits, combination pillar 3/6". I can't stand split ends on pillers, drives me bazerk, but that's just me.

Either:

1. Someone's math is off.
    2. Techo is just that much more expensive, we're you being serious about $1400 a kit?
    3. Or our buying power is different.

Maybe I'm off, correct me if I'm wrong.