EPA and 2 cycles, a bit fuzzy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Mar 2, 2005.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I did some reading this morning and realized how bad the epa has got. I was looking for some more info from your guys. Does the standards set for this year mean that 2 cycles are about done for? How much longer are they going to be around? So, shindaiwa use to have t230 and then they had t231. Are the t230 going away and being totalled replaced by the 231? What got me wondering was i was at a local dealer, they had one t230 and like 5 t231. What are the other major manafactures doing? I dont think echo or redmax has four stroke technologies, what are they doin? Does this mean that the epa has abouted succeeded in making 2 stroke no more? Basically i want to know what this new tier three stuff for this year is going to mean? And what we will see go in the coming years. When will there only be four strokes? I figured with the wealth on knowledge here i could find the info and have it be unbiassed. They manafacturers make it very confusing. So please educate me and all this confusing epa stuff...

LAter chris