1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

EPA Regulation For Mowing Around Lagoon???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gravedigger5, May 23, 2002.

1. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a contract to mow around two sanitary lagoons. 30acre mowing around 20 surface acres of lagoons for a municipal sanitary district. This is mainly brushhogging but I also maintain several lots (lawn mowing) elsewhere for them. I just got done mowing the lagoons today, I left about a 2' to 3' strip up against the water that you can't hardly reach. the banks along the edge are appx 30deg. You can tell nobody before has mown this strip either. Well I finished up and this sub contractor for the district was out there and says I have to mow that strip cause he thinks it is an EPA regulation. All grass along a sanitary lagoon has to be mowed according to this reg. Well they never told me when i bid the job. there has been some other politcal BS with this account and I found out that one of the guys working for the district had bid on the job and didn't get it. So do you think this is a bunch of $#!+ or a real regulation. Don't get me wrong, I can probably get it mowed but it will add appx 2 hours to the job. Thanks for listing to me complain, any knowledge on this appreciated. Already done some searchs at the EPA sites, hate tocall them and stir up a big pile of it. Marc

Are We Having fun Yet???