1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

EPA released a statement ordering DuPont to suspend and recall its herbicide Imprelis

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by phasthound, Aug 12, 2011.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We will see it again. It will just be renamed and relabeled in a few years to confuse the sheep.

Why let a perfectly good chemical that took years to develop go to waste because of a few bad applicators. (Dupots answer not mine. ;))

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am pretty sure it will just be relabeled too, just speculation of course, but it makes sense.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

So the fact that the EPA allowed Imprelis to be rushed to market and not go through the normal testing that other pesticides do makes the EPA completely innocent in this mess?

I don't buy that the EPA was totally unaware of any problems or they really did their due diligence if the problem was so readily apparent within weeks of it's first applications.

4. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yall are gonna love this..So I went to my dealer today to talk to him, and he informed me that his Dupont rep advised him to warn the end users about the risks associated from evergreens because of soil leaching....so how did Dupont discover this problem? The killed the trees at their testing facility with it:hammerhead::hammerhead::confused: I lost a lot of respect for dupont this morning:cry:

5. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

6. grassman177

no weed control gets them all,

thought you guys would like to know that the investigative team from dupont is coming to our sites tomorrow to gather samples etc. i just look at it as another step in the direction to getting the trees pruned or replaced, cuz THAT is what is needed to say the least.

7. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Let us know how it goes.

8. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I used 5 gallon of Imprellis this year, on over 500 lawns, with many spruce trees, and have not had ONE problem. I am so disapointed to see it go away. My rep is checking to see if he can get a hold of any more Imprellis, if not, I am in the market, looking to buy 5 gallons of it. If anyone has some they are wanting to get rid of. Let me know

9. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

According to our Harrell's rep, the EPA just pulled the label and registration on it. Illegal to use it. Big $$ fines if you're caught applying it.

10. grassman177

thought that was easy enough to understand.

what in the hell would you WANT to use something that has been killing trees and has been recalled for:nono::hammerhead:WOW to that guy!