EPA released a statement ordering DuPont to suspend and recall its herbicide Imprelis

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by phasthound, Aug 12, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

OH, by the way.....

the investigative team consisted of a cert arborist(which i am also one), a sample taking lab tech, and a rep from dupont.

they said very little and offered NO opinions as to avoid anything that could be used against them. it was a very detailed look at the trees, samples and very quiet towards us. kinda weary of this a bit. just too shady feeling.

2. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

How many sites did you have damage on? How many did they visit?

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure why they are sneaking around. They know dang well what happened. They can plan on writing you (and others) a check to replace trees late this fall or next spring. They have no choice, else be sued out the yingyang class action style. And they will lose such a proposition.

On a side note - do any of you think Dupont simply got their rates much too high for the label?
    My brother (biz in IA) applied Imprelis to many lawns at the lower rate 3.0 oz/ac and in some cases, even below label rate. He still got good weed control on hard to controls, yet did not have any damage to evergreens at all. He applied with a PG, same as me.

4. grassman177

damage on two sites of about 7 treated, although the others have some of the same evergreens, there are huge mulch beds around them so the root structure was more proctected i think. the damaged sites are trees in turf areas. they visited only the two sites

5. grassman177

i dont think this has been asked on here yet!

anyone use the lower rate and have damages?

6. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We used the normal rate & had no damages. Although after we heard they did damage we stopped using on lawns with evergreens. We mixed ours with liquid fert round #2 with no pre-m.

7. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Is Larry your brother?

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh:
    Don't think so. I am in my 30's and Larry is just a few years older than that:)

9. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a meeting next week for a few sites as well. This will be the second time I've been out to properties with their investigators...

10. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

Well we have not had anyone from dupont even try to call us to come out. So turned it over to our insurance and let them battle it out. We have around 40 sites and over 400 trees affected.