EPA released a statement ordering DuPont to suspend and recall its herbicide Imprelis

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by phasthound, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Had a pop up yesterday of an advertisement of lawn firm asking if have you had damaged trees in your lawn this year.

Guess they are ready to leap on this.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

did you contact dupont? you have to do that in order for them to call you. just saying cuz you did not mention either way

3. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

Yes Dupont has been contacted and I have a reference number, and the chemist have been to almost all the properties. I even tried to call again and the operator just gave me the run aound.

4. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering if i should contact the chemist for all of our properties. Any one have a opinion.

5. Grassworks Inc.

Grassworks Inc. LawnSite Member

6. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

We decided to have the chemist look at all of our properties. They have been very helpful. We are doing it just to save our butt because dupont has not reponded to us.

7. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

We had our meeting today with Duponts hired independent arborist, and private party recorder. No real info passed on from them. They are instructed to give no info regarding duponts position. Paid outside consulting.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I got a call today that they will be looking at 3 of my properties on Monday. the lawns were randomly picked and I know one of the 3 has already cut the tree down. I'm still finding more damaged trees. Today I found 63 white pines that have Imprelis damage in a Condo neighborhood. the property owners have not noticed it yet, I'm turning it in to Dupont and going to wait to inform the property owners as long as I can to avoid as much drama as possible.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

still abig Fing mess

of course we WAIT around to hear what is going to be done, my customers are now starting to lose patience and want to know what is going to be done.

10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Mine too! hope they get going