epay

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontstreetlawns, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

a customer approached me today about setting up epay, never heard of it has anyone ever used this to accept money?

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

never heard of it. If it gets there money in my hands faster I'd be all for it. As long as you don't have to pay a fee or anything for the service. I've looked into credit cards, but they all charge a percentage of the sale to the merchant to have the service. I have quite a few who pay their bills online, but they still have to actually pay the bill, just not make out the check, so it doesn't really affect me, or get the $ any faster.

3. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

ProCutLawnCare&Landscape LawnSite Member

Yes, you can offer online bill pay if you have a website or a source to go to and make payments. Often times it cost you money though to offer online bill pay due to credit/ bank involvement. Its very nice though, because it makes paper work a thing of the past(invoicing via email, online bidding, online payments).

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I will have to look into this. We are considering using quick books invoice service where they send the invoices, but there is so much that needs to be entered initially that at what point do I just throw up my arms and start riding around on a horse like the pony express.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Paypal would serve the same purpose. Pay them 3% and they'll drop the money right into your account. I've done it before and I require that the customer pays the 3%. I'm setup for customers to pay through Paypal right now but none of my customers are taking advantage of it.