EPS fuel sensor?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by exmarkjockey, Apr 7, 2004.

1. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Terry,

My 2003 Lazer EPS seems to be cutting out on me especially as I go up hills. I replaced both spark plugs early this morning and it fixed the problem temporarily. I was wondering if the fuel sensor could be my problem or if it is something else. The mower only has 20 hours on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

ExmarkJockey,

I'd suspect bad fuel or you won't beleive it. Operators position on the seat.

Bad fuel can cause all of the simptoms your talking about. We've seen a great deal of water in fuel over the past several years however it's a bit early in the season for that. Also we generally get these comments this time of year when fuel that has been stored in the off season is being consumed.

The other thing we see quite frequently especially in the spring or with new operators is they will brace themselves with their feed when going up or down hill. This often takes just enough weigh off the seat to cause the mower to spit and sputter. Incidently if done often enough it will also cause the plugs to foul.

Outside of that I'd recommend that you take it into the dealer for inspection.

Thanks,

Terry

3. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Terry,

Took the mower to the dealer and we did the diagnostic. Came up with a code 33 and 34. Traced it to a bad ground. They ordered the kit to fix it.

Thanks

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Exmark Jockey,

It's a good thing we've got good dealers to take the ball and run with it when I don't know what I'm talking about.

Glad it's all working out.

Thanks,

Terry