Equip. Clean Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

How often do you guys clean your equipment?

I had a customer today tell me how nice all my stuff i, clean and detailed trailer and truck, he tells me to visit his pals house tomorrow and let him see my stuff before I start mowing...this guy is a litte anal he noted and then he leaves, all my stuff is dirty after the job, so he didn't see the tools at their worst.

i get home and feel like I need to clean everything, so even after a long day I have to clean my stuff....stresses me out.

I admit I felt better after my stuff was cleaned and put back, ready for another job...I think I just felt like I would lose business because my stuff was trashed after a day of work.

So my question is: How often do you clean you stuff, I mean wash it and make sure its presentable?

Thanks.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

When time permits.

3. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

All our equiptment gets washed daily. Lots of $$ invested and if you take good care of it , it lasts longer. Also, it looks more professional when you have nice clean equipt. :cool2:

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

how many of you that wash your equipment everyday blow out all the water in all the grease fittings and everything else? that cant be good for you equipment

5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I blow off my equipment with the ol' backpack blower after every job. I grease and check the oil everyday. But an actual good bumber to bumper cleaning. Three times a week. After a long days work the last thing I want to do is sit in the shop for an hour or two polishing up everything.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Try to on most days. That lets me know if I have a small oil leak it can be fixed before it becomes a major problems plus I'm not shoving crap in my grease zerks etc. Never had a proble from over cleaning equipment, although I have when It was not always as clean as I would like.

Mac

7. JKOOPERS

so you mean tell me that no water gets in spaces you cant see?

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No I'm telling you exactly what I said. With a clean machine you can spot small problems before they become large problems. And if you are greasing equipment each day water is not a problem.

Mav

9. JKOOPERS

i grease mine everyday but i dont think most people do so theres water in places they cant see :angry:

10. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

Im happy if it all gets cleaned twice a week. I try and try and try...so much easier to do it on a light day.