Equip financing -Atlantic Financial?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I noticed a "equipment finance" ad in Grounds Maintenance mag for a company called Atlantic Financial. I talked with a loan officer there and it seemed that they were high on interest rates. They kept pushing for a lease. Anyone deal with these guys?

I currently have a year left on a loan with Sheffield. PRO day is this week at my main dealer - I am considering a new loan.
  2. _GUNNER_8

_GUNNER_8 LawnSite Member
    from TN

just curious why would you want to use them anyways, don't u have local bavk you do business with?i would think u would get lot better rate with them.
  3. lawnperfections

lawnperfections LawnSite Member

If you can't buy it with cash then don't buy it.
  4. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

I am curious too ,why don't you use a local bank , I got some real bad stuff on my credit ..it;s a long story but my point is my local bank will still deal with me based on my record with them.and them alone.:confused:
  5. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

What a chicken **** remark that is ,
  6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

It would be nice to pay cash for everything, but that has to be the worse business advice to give anyone. I am glad I don't think that way!

8. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Some people try to play the "big guy" a bit too much. I also find that it is usually these same people who owe a payment on EVERYTHING they own.
  9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Talk to your dealer. They can usually get you no payments and no interest for 6 months. Just make sure you pay the entire amount off by then. Send payments as often as you can. This way you're using their $$ for free. I have done this now for the last 3-4 years and I have had very little interest to pay as all most everything was paid before the 6 month period.
    BTW did this w/ z-rider, 200 gal spray tank, leaf vac, aerator and a few other larger equip purchases. Trimmers, blowers, and small stuff go on house account. Pay them off w/monthly statement.

10. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

There may be some advantages by using a lease.A residual lease arrangement may have some tax advantages.On the residual lease you make monthly "lease" payments then at the end of the lease you purchase the equipment for $1.Talk to a tax advisor,this may work out for you.Richard