equip value?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, Oct 25, 2004.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a question for you. I have located an Exmark Lazer for sale. It is a 2002 with 164 hours on it since new. It has the 27 hp daihatsu engine on it with a 60" deck. The mower is in near perfect shape, and it also includes a Blue Bird collection system with an 8 hp briggs, What do you all think this is worth??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, off subject, but just wondering, how many of you out there just mow lawns and then either leave the fertilizing up to the customer to take care of hiring someone or subcontract them out to a fert guy of your choice?

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

As for the price of the mower I have no clue other than what are you willing to pay for it? Offer all they can say is no.
    On your second question. Most of my lawns I fert myself. There are a few of the larger that it is not in my best interest (i.e. not enough profit margin to make it worthwhile to do so.) I usually sub these out or if they already have a program in place with someone else leave it up to them. I do really hate when a customer ferts their own lawn. Too many problems arise. To much, to little, not right fert at right time so on and so on.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

call your local exmark dealer, give them the info, and ask what the value is. They can tell you both trade in value and resale value.

4. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the help. When i said leave the fertilizing up to the customer i meant, they can call someone and have them do it. I also hate when customers do their own, in fact next year I think it is not going to be an option!! I am not setup to do it myself, that is why I am asking. Anymore out there?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If the Lazer is in real good shape, take about $5.00 for each hour on the machine for depreciation. This will give you a fair market value for what you can get for it. I've had 2 different Exmark dealers tell me this. As far as the Bluebird collection system, I don't really know...sorry.