Equipment and Accounts, Albany Ny area.

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by ODwyerPW, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ODwyerPW

ODwyerPW LawnSite Member

Folks,
    Posted this elsewhere months ago.
    I am downsizing my business substantially. Sold more than half of my lawncare business in 06, I'll sell what's left in 07. I'll be taking a break from lawncare in the NorthEast, focusing on Landscaping in the SouthWest instead.

Here is what I am considering:

Equipment:
    05 14' Enclosed Trailer.
    04 Ferris 48" Z-Turn with Turbo Vac
    05 Sutech 33" Walkbehind with Grass Gobbler
    2 05 Husqvarna Weedwackers, 1 with an edger, tree trimmer, & hedge trimmer attatchmets.
    1 05 Husqvarna Backpack Blower
    1 04 Lesco Spreader
    a few shovels, a wheel barrow, other hand tools.

Accounts:

1 large apartment complex. cleanups, lawn mowing, edging, trimming of shrubs. A crew of 3 gets it done in one day. 2 guys a day and a half. Under contract for $48K.

1 large apartment complex. cleanups, lawn mowing, edging, trimming of shrubs. A crew of 3 gets it done in one day. 2 guys a day and a half. Under contract for $44K.

1 medium apartment complex. cleanups, lawn mowing, edging, trimming of shrubs. A crew of 2 gets it done in one day. Under contract for $24K.

1 large HOA, commom areas only. cleanups, lawn mowing, little trimming, 2 guys get it down in just over 4 hours. Under contract for $13K

16 or so smaller commercial and residential accounts, good faith customers (no contract) valued at $20K.

Couple of hotels still looking to grab valued at about $10k a piece. Not guaranteeing these, but looks good.

You'll get all the proposals I've submitted over the last 4 years as a basis for getting more work...whether it's work I lost, gave up, never won, still have etc....plowing and lawncare. It's helpful because were I wasn't the winning bidder, I was often informed what the properties ultimately went for.) It's a good window into what the competition is doing to help you in future expansion (There are a few high profile customers I sold in the Winter. It wouldn't be fair to those buyers to disclose those.).

Here's what I want:

1. You buy out my accounts and equipment (signed accounts plus the good will stuff) for $25K.

2. You purchase my 05 Ford F350 XL with 20K miles that I use for these accounts (this truck does not plow in the Winter..it sits). Includes an EZ Dumper Bed Insert. I owe about $25K, so that's what you'd pay me for it.

3. Done. I'll sign a no compete clause for 3 years.

Albany New York area. Serious inquiries only from experienced individuals. Will not pass these customers on to new green guys. This is basically turn key for an operation that wants to add another crew or augment an exisiting crew. Will be looking to complete to do this transaction by April 15th.

BTW. I also have a very nice 04 Ford F150 STX 4X4 Reg Cab (new body style with 4doors, but not an extended or crew cab....no rear seat) with $30K miles for $13,500.

2. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

Can you private message me in regards to this post. Are you still selling eqip. and looking for people to take over ?