equipment auctions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLS, Mar 12, 2004.

1. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

I'm going to an equipment auction tomarrow. I would like to here any tips anyone might have for me as this is my first one. I went and looked over the equipment I need today.

Also anybody know a easy quick way to unfreeze a choke? It is about 25 degrees today here in lovely MI. It is supposed to be in the mid 40's tomarrow though. I couln't get a damb thing started today. Every single choke was forzen. I'm looking at exmark TT's and toro z-master's.

Anybody care to share?

2. Don't be waving at any friends across the sale ring.
  3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

were is the auction at?
  4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, I'm from Michigan also. It took me a while to start up my Toro Z-master but my choke didn't freeze.
  5. bunky

bunky LawnSite Member

Where's the auction..??????
  6. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Had the same problem with my Turf Tiger last year its a kawi engine, we loosened the cable on the engine, and physically tried to pull the cable. That should work, also might try a heat lamp on the cable or blow hot air on it?
    Just a couple of ideas if you can, good luck with the auction too, buyer beware. They sometimes have nice things at those things for good prices.
  7. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

That's a good one. That was the first thing dad told me when I talked to him this afternoon:D
  8. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

Hmm...I think this is called shooting your self in the foot. But the auction is in hudsonville, michigan. There is another one april 17th I think in the detroit area.
  9. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

One thing I noticed was every mower there had almost the exact same hours on them. All different year and models but the hour's on all them were between 1100 and 1600. Seamed a little suspicious to me.

Also would a glass of warm water help unfreezing the choke? I only have one hour to check everything tomarrow. No way I'm buying a mower if I can't even here it run. The weather couldn't have been worse today.
  10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

carry a can of ether, choke in a can, lol