Equipment Blue Book

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOOSE, Feb 21, 2006.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a web site for grounds equipment values. Like Kelley's Blue Book for cars and trucks. If so does someone have the web address for it. I'm trying to find the value of some of my equipemnt. Thanks

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There is one out there but I recommend you keep your 20 bucks in your pocket. I went through the trouble of registering at the website last year only to find out that while they did list Dixie Choppers when I got in there they said they didn't have any info on them. Complete rip off. Iron Solutions is the name of the company.

3. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

I have a blue book for all outdoor power equip. the newest that I have is 05. Let me know what your trying to find and I'll see if I can help.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would say your best bet would be Ebay.

5. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Exspyguy, where did you purchase your equipment blue books? Thanks.

6. ktorrence

ktorrence LawnSite Member
    from East TX

Ebay is definetly the way to go. Your equipment is worth what the market will bear during the time you are selling it. Supply and Demand always affects prices. A book is too stagnant, an equipment info website can't touch the volume that Ebay does everyday. They may talk about prices and such but Ebay handles transactions any given second of the day. Go to Ebay, do an advanced search and check the box for completed auctions. This will instantly tell you what the market(price) will bear. This is how many pawnshops decide what to offer on items people bring in. They go straight back into the office and look up Ebay.

7. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

I was at a John Deere dealer and they had a book on all used mowing equipment. Trade in value and retail. I looked through it and it was right on the money on equipment that I know alot about. The book was only given to JD dealers.

8. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

It's published by Primedia, check out www.pricedigests.com

The cover says "Grounds maintenance equipment blue book"

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

expands...
    Along those same lines, look in equipment traders and small newspapers. It's not a blue book, but the range of prices in used equipment for sale will give you the guide you're looking for.
    Also, google for the stuff, you won't always find much, but sometimes you do.

10. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Your dealer should be able to order you the 2006 version, i think it's like 40 bucks