1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment clean-up fee

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Jan 17, 2011.

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

Who all has a equipment clean-up fee on their agreements for the customers that are too lazy :sleeping: to clean up the pets droppings. I charge a $5.00 clean-up feeis this a good price or not enough. whats yours if you have one.

Thanks in advance for any input
  2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

3. with a fee like that, it would be the first and last time you mowed my yard.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

you're kiddin'....right?....lol
  5. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Next will be a fee, if you cant use the customers bathroom to take a dump, come on. If people charged fees for stupid stuff like this we'd all get laughed off our customers property. Hey and just think next time your hot and sweaty at the store and the clerk ask you to pay a BODY ODER FEE.
  6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, best of luck. If you leave a note or knock on the door and say " the dog droppings are getting to be a bit much, we need them cleaned the day before or we would be willing to clean up for you for $5 each time". usually they will be so embarrassed that you won't have a problem any more
  7. elitefox

elitefox LawnSite Member

Ha Ha, so true..... Every customer is different though, some feel real bad a have it cleaned up, where others could literally give a chit less...

It's just part of the job if you ask me, kinda like grass stained shoes or grass all over your clothes/truck..

It can always be worse though, think if you had to area trim this part of the yard???? I'll take it on the tires :) :drinkup:
  8. dolt

dolt LawnSite Member

What if there are toys all over the yard every time you go to mow and it takes 10 minutes to move of grass before mowing do you charge a fee of say $5
  9. elitefox

elitefox LawnSite Member

Actually to that YES!!!!!

Dog bowel is one thing but if your customer is so lazy you have to be a yard nanny too, TIME is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ my friend

Had an account that actually I had to do this to. Once a month? No big deal.. Weekly? It becames a big deal
  10. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Totally agree!!! Especially when they've got that gigantic trampoline that you have to move.