Equipment Cleanup

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by thegreenjeansman, Mar 22, 2004.

1. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

HELLO, I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST 2 EXMARKS AT AN OPENHOUSE SALE AT THE MOWER DEPOT IN DAYTONA BCH.GREAT SET OF GUYS,I PURCHASED AN O4'EXMARK LAZER HP , AND A 21' METRO FOR TIGHT JOBS.
    I LIKE TO KEEP MY EQUIPMENT LOOKING AS GOOD AS THE TRUCK AND CREW DOES, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WAXING OR COATING THE POWDER COAT ON THESE BIG RED MACHINES?I HEAR THAT I SHOULD ONLY WASH THEM SPARINGLY FOR CHANCE OF SITTING WATER OR ELECTRIC PROBLEMS, I KNOW IT'S GOING TO GET DIRTY BUT THERE MUST BE SOME WAYS OF KEEPING IT FROM FADING OUT IN THE FLORIDA SUN.
    THANKS FOR THE GREAT MACHINES ,ALREADY ADDED 4 RESIDENTIAL JOBS AND 11 DUPLEXS,IT'S PAYING FOR IT'S SELF IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS,THAT'S WHAT I CALL HIGH PERFORMANCE.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

thegreenjeansman,

Congratulations! I like your comment about the pay off time.

The current generation of powder coat paint we are using holds up pretty well in the sun but there are benefits to waxing. The wax is generally slicker than the paint which makes getting the machine clean and keeping it clean a little easier in many cases. Granted it won't do much under the deck but it can make a noticeable difference on the rest of the machine when it is time for a good cleaning.

The best thing you can do for the mower is probably blow it off regularly with you back pack blower or compressed air.

Thanks,

Terry