equipment comparing from 06-08

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Feb 23, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

For all who followed my purchases in 06 I had a toro commercial 22176 and a stihl km110r with straight edger attachment. I thought these units would last for a long time and work great all year. It turned out after a few weeks I was disappointed with both purchases. The toro would not cut good and left un-cut grass and excessive mulch even with the rpms increased. Also the stihl egder would not leave a clean edge no matter what I tried even with a new blade. I ended up selling those units last year in 07 around september. Then I bought a redmax egder he225 and a echo hedge trimmer to replace the stihl kombi system. And around january 08 I bought the toro model 22167 with the honda engine. Most who tried to help me agreed that I was the problem and not the equipment. I can't disagree completely but can say that the redmax curved shaft edger beats the stihl straight shaft in terms of a clean edge and no going back over it. Also it does have power for a 23 cc engine. Also the new toro is awsome and cuts much better than my other toro. The honda engine is less powerful and doesn't have the raised rpms but out cuts the kawasaki toro even in thick weeds. I don't get it but I like my newer equipment much better and am pleased with the results they make. Does anyone have any idea on why my other stuff didn't work as good?

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Bump..........