equipment cost per hour???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by happy, Aug 5, 2007.

1. happy

happy LawnSite Member

I run a 2007 Lazer Z with 60" triton, and a 2005 Lazer HP 52" trivantage deck. I am in need of some help to derive costs per hour on these machines. Please help in any way possible. Thank you

2. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

i would say to add up what they are worth and then divide by the # of hours you use them per year. i think that would work. first thing that comes to mind.

if you are looking for operating cost that would be a little harder to figure
    i would go a month and keep all of the maintenance and gas reciepts, etc. then divide by the hours used.

3. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

I own a 07 23/50 and with the fuel, maintenance and replacement costs, it costs me around 5 dollars an hour to opperate. The machine also has ultra-vac.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Got a harder question? the lazer hp 52 will fall around 2.80 to 3.05 per hour the 60" will run about 3.25 but note at regular intervals depending on useage their will be a slight sharp spike in cost but then go back to the lower rates. If you are trying to figure a billing hourly rate that is totaly different