Equipment Cost

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ToddS, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

I am in the process of pricing equipment and wanted to post a question about this. I found a dealer that will sell a package of equipment for $4,899.00 + tax. Equipment consists of:

36" SCAG WB, Belt Driven, Pistol Grip
    6x12 trailer
    Stihl back pack blower ( commercial grade)
    Stihl edger (commercial grade)
    Stihl weed wacker (commercial grade)
    Racks for trimmer,edger and blower

Just wondering if you thought this was a good deal. Thanks

ToddS

2. Wilderness Lawn

Wilderness Lawn LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good deal to me

3. how much weight can trailer haul, and what models are the sthil equipment?

4. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

with the questions timturf had in mind-Sounds great!

5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

This all new stuff?
    Sounds like very good prices.
    Trailer tires, are they full sized or golf cart type?

Be certain that the 2 cycle stuff is really commercial. Get model numbers and compare to their web site or get a catelog. If they are the least of each line, that can be a big difference in price and quality.

6. Grump-e

Grump-e LawnSite Member

This at Outdoor Equipment in McDonough?

7. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

The dealer is Jack Peeks Sales in Palmetto, GA. The tires are trailer size. I am not sure how much it can haul, but I will ask. Thanks for the responses. Other questions, where do you put your gas cans if the trailer does not have a cage, etc. The trailer is just a basic trailer. I got another price for a trailer that is 6x12 that has the cage in th front, and the racks for the trimmer for $1395. Not sure if this is worth that price, but at least it has the cage in the front to put gas cans, tools, etc. I will be driving a Isuzu Rodeo, so I do not have anywhere to put the gas, tools etc.
    Also, is the SCAG belt drive/pistol grip mower a good mower? I have seen them mentioned on this site, but just wanted to get an opinion from you guys. Thanks gain.

ToddS

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Trailer sizes tires, what does that mean?
    If you mean those small tires, I'd consider that a negative for the trailer. Does the dealer have anything else to offer?

Didn't you say deal included equipment racks, guess that doesn't include any for cans. Buy one or use straps/bungee cords.

You don't have to carry every tool all the time, just put a tool box in cargo area in truck. Maybe use a luggage truck type (plastic) so you don't have to worry about rust on carpet.

Scag mowers, excellent mowers.

9. eakern

eakern LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Todd S,

Go to :http://outdoorpowerequip.com/frame_main.htm
    They have a simlar set up for up $4,360.00. It is not in Palmetto, but in Mcdonough,so you may want to weight the costs of buying from a dealer that will not be close you for repairs.

Includes:
    36in Scag Mower
    Stihl FS85 Trimmer
    Stihl FC75 Edger
    Stihl BR420 Blower
    6x10 Trailer

However, if you price your stuff independently you may be better off or at least the same, but with "better" equipment.