equipment crazed neighbor

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by laxative, May 26, 2008.

1. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

My neighbor is making me crazy. He just bought a nice big new Country Clipper. He has 3 Gravely walk-behinds (2 are the old tractors) and some crappy looking Craftsman walk-behind. Today he tooled around his yard on 3 different lawn tractors. He has a crew cab F350, a Silverado 4WD, nice dump trailer, nice 12' utility trailer, and a 25' equipment trailer, and a new Kubota tractor. Nice guy, he loaned me an edger couple years ago to help put in an underground dog fence, but I can't figure out what he does with all that equipment. He manages a grocery store during the day and lives on a level 1 acre lot just like mine. Has a big garden but come on... He doesn't even have a yard to mow after his garden and all his parked trailers and trucks and tractor. Don't see him coming or going with any of it, so he's now mowing anything else I know of.

I need to make better friends with him and borrow equipment. My stuff sure looks like dirty beat up junk next to his. He's fun to watch out the window.
  2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

That's nice.
  3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

maybe he wants to be your friend or a partner in your business ?
  4. Gardens55

Gardens55 LawnSite Member

Perhaps he is a lawn care geek/collector! :dizzy:
  5. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like someone is green with envy.
  6. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Smells like hes about to kiss the grocery store business goodbye.....
  7. 2fatguyslawncare

2fatguyslawncare LawnSite Member

Guys are like that where I live. I have several people in my neighborhood with big time equipment. I did a job for a guy (Aeration and cleanup) and he had an aerator and big walk behind blower. I have a full blown metal working shop, and never touch any of it.

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

big job I picked up this year the guy has like 4 of the big JOhn Deere garden tractors and two brand new John Deere 757 ztrs that just sit in the shed.
  9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I probably look like your neighbor in my subdivision. I am part time lawn care but have a lot of nice tools at my disposal. I have everything listed in my sig and only a few lawns that I take care of. Just about everything I have made has went back into buying more equipment. Hopefully by next season I can put some of it to use on more of my customers lawns.
  10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto for me, but I have alot of my own property to take care of