equipment dealers/manufacturers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 17, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i prefer to buy used equipment, i have purchased brand new before, and have always been screwed by the dealer, and manufacturer. i expect, that when i pay for a brand new piece of equipment, that it should be useable, and if it breaks down the next day after i buy it, or a week, or 2 months later, i expect it to be fixed IMMEDIATELY, while i use thier loaner, OR, i expect to be compensated for lost wages, during the down time. how on earth do you dealers/manufacturers sleep at night, when you take someones money for a brand new piece of equipment, then when it breaks down, you hang them out to dry? i bought a brand new toro, broke down same day, total piece of junk, ZERO dealer/manufacturer support. i bought a brand new stihl backpack, piece of junk from day one. i bought a brand new red max w/all the attachments ($1300), been in the shop 7 times in less than 2 yrs. i been charged for every repair, and waited 2-3 weeks each time to get it back, only to have it break down shortly after. what do you say redmax? you've cost me about $250 in repairs, and a couple thousand in lost wages cus i'm always without the machine. you gonna pay for it?
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Which Redmax are you refering to that cost you $1300?