Equipment + Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, Nov 24, 2002.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

A while back I saw on here a trailer that had a dump part and plus you could haul you equipment on too, I'll try and put a pic of one. This one is built in Shreveport, La., but there's another company I believe it was texas, anybody remember it or do you know of any trailer builders that sells ones like this?

ps it was a gooseneck setup.

Thanks.

mvc-018s.jpg

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

that would be nice for leaves, put a leaf box on it and on the front put ur mower.

3. wriken

You a mind reader. LOL, ya put my vac on the front of box too.

Got another Idea also, I have a 20' trailer, mount a dump insert towards the rear, build box for it, build side ramp, similar setup but no gooseneck, and could slide dump off when not needed.

Anybody know how much one of those inserts weigh?

4. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

Hughes Mfg make dump and go trailer. I am not able to find the web site but the number is 316-872-5695. They are out in Kansas. I saw a brochure sometime back and they had some neat stuff.

5. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

we use the load handler and take off the back ramp. Pulls mulch right off of the trailer.

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the Murray mower was a little tacky but that trailer is cool. With a ramp in the back, you could use it to haul equipment when the dumper is not needed. Any more pictures or a website?

7. wriken

I agree w/mower, looks to me the ramp could be 1 to 1.5' longer, not many more pics on web. I think the price is around 7200.00. They have dump trailers etc. their web site is www.northshreve.com

Oh ya they custom build also.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is very nice. I wouldn't mind getting one of those. I wonder if Santa frequents this site and will see my request?

Gravely_Man

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever thought of making your rig and dump trailer into 2 vacs. I'm saying, put a box in the back of your pickup or dump, and a box on your dump trailer and have a vac that you could switch to your trailer or to your truck when the other one is full. Idk, I jus got a crazy idea. You'd probably have to have a diesel to pull all those leaves. That trailer looks sweet though. Peace

10. wriken

I was in Houghton Lake this weekend, and saw a truck with a very nice box built on it, and the vac was mounted to the front of the trailer. I assume when he got to site he would hook a hose or pipe from vac to box and do his thing. Nice setup though, I want to be able to haul leaves and equipment at the same time. I don't know how he unloaded the debri, maybe he had one of those load handler things.
    Any opinions on putting a dump insert on tail end of 20' trailer, then hauling equipment in front part of trailer. I think you can get one for around 1600.00, then build a box for it. Theres alot of ways to haul leaves, I just want a simple way and efficient way. I'm thinking heavy on that gooseneck dump.;)