Equipment Financeing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CJIII, Apr 24, 2002.

1. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

I would like to know is equipment financeing the way to go. I am thinking about financeing the Exmark Metro Hp mower and get a loan to get the blower, timmer, and edger.

2. You are joking right? I have a idea that you are pulling legs here.
    Just in case you are serious, the way to go is to get a loan for the
    Exmark and finance the blower, trimmer and edger. Now please explain the difference between taking out a loan to buy equipment or financing it.

3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I have financed equipment as well as recieved a loan for my biz, i have my 00' HD45 fin. through Deere and will be paid of this fall, was my only option at the time, and have a 10,000 loan from wells for v arious bus. equip and supplies
    AK Lawn

4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I finance everything on the 1 easy payment plan.

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

If a dealer is willing to finance you, why not just put all your purchases on one loan through the dealer instead of getting another loan for blower, trimmer and, edger. You should be able to save on interest with just one loan as appose to two serarate. I think that's right anyway.

6. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

Thanks for the ifo I just get the loan.

7. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

CJ, The best thing I can think for a young business man like yourself is to go to DaveRamsey.com. His radio show may even be broadcast in your area as he is out of Nashville. Listen for just one hour to the show and let me know what you think.

There are many opinions on using debt as a tool in business and personal life. I think you will find Dave's position interesting. He also has several books including FINANCIAL PEACE.

Good Luck, Landscraper.