Equipment financing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I know we have had discussions on equipment financing. I have used the search and have not found much info. My question is: Where have you found to finance equipment? Is it just go through banks and dealers or is there somewhere that relates specifically to our service that provides financing for equipment?
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Sheffield is a financing company which a lot of dealers use. I personally have used Sheffield and their rates are competitive. Not tomention if you wait til Spring a lot of good interest free deals come around where there is no interest or payments for the first 3-6 months whereby you can pay off the mower before you actually have a payment due.

Another is I have no experience with them other than a t-shirt. :)
  3. pace lawn care

pace lawn care LawnSite Member

Farm Bureau has finaning
  4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Sheffields no interest for 6 months and no payments for 7 months program. It gives you 6 months to pay it off or time to get a loan at a lower rate from your local bank. Sheffields interest is usually quite a bit higher on that plan.
  6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

CCLC: Actually Sheffield used to have high interest rates, but this year when I went to finance a new mower I was surprised to find they had lowered them significantly. My interest rate was below 10% which would be hard to find a bank loan at. I try to avoid bank loans at all cost unless it is for a major loan.
  7. Currier

Anyone have a phone number for Sheffields?
  8. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

(800) 438-8892
  9. Currier

Thanks all! I appreciate the input! I have the opportunity to upgrade machines (walker) and am giving it some serious thought. I also wouldn't mind buying one of those areators of turfquip, I already have a lawnaire V and that is an awesome price. But I'm wondering how that older 28 would be. Anyway, thanks for the financing info:)
  10. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Sheffields is back up to 13.9 % right now, that is a ridiculous amount, gotta be something better out there