equipment gate on dump trailer ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Guzzo856, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

I want to get a dump trailer so i can haulmy skid steer, mulch, and my landscaping equpment all in one. if i get a dump trailer with a mesh gate on the back would i be able to dump mulch, and run my skid steer up it ? thanks

2. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

many dump trailers have ramps that tuck into the trailer somewhere. they are like heavy duty equiptment ramps, not a mesh gate though.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

mine has ramps too. The wheel barrow is the only thing I have the balls to drive up them.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

There are several companies that make landscape dump trailers. They have a gate that will let down like a normal trailer and then pin it at the top and it will swing like a dump truck gate. Check out Bri-Mar's website.

5. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

You might be fine with the ramps. I have a PJ and have loaded a mini skid in with no problem. You can always tilt the trailer up a bit so it's not a sharp drop off at the top of the ramps it's just a steady incline all the way to where you want to park the skid.

6. TurnerLawnService

TurnerLawnService LawnSite Member

how big of a trailer are you looking for? We have a Anderson Goosneck dump trailer for sale its already got tie down just needs some ramps built, you could haul mulch and skid steer all at the same time. Its a true 16' by 8' by 4' inside