1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Lineup for 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by a clear difference lawn, Dec 31, 2011.

1. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

It cool to see your small little business grow! I have read all your thread and compared it to my situation and i going to start your same set up in the next couple of months.

Gravely 34
    Gravely 52
    Two 21" mowers
    Stihl: 2 String Trimmers, Hedge trimmer, Edger, Blower
    5x8 landscape trailer w/rack

2. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup. If you don't mind me asking what dealer you got it from?

3. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

hows that stihl fc 90 edger treating you?? just sold my echo, and was gonna pick up the fc 90 this week. any complaints?? and what models are your trimmers??

4. MowingIL

MowingIL LawnSite Member

now that you have the 52'' and you have a 21'' push mower do you feel that the 34'' is going to stay or go, how effective is the 34''?

5. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

What year was it?

6. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Are those Gravely the 100 series? Im looking at getting a 152 or 252 in spring. Any feedback on what kind do buy would be great!

7. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The gravely 34 has over 1400 hrs on it now so it is relegated to mainly a backup role. It still runs and cuts great. I will keep it as a backup until I sell the business. I now have a grasshopper with a 41" cut which fits everywhere I need it to. I also use the toro timemaster now intead of 21" mowers. The timemaster has gotten bashed to death on this site but it has worked well for me. I only use it on 6 properties.

8. a clear difference lawn

The grandstand was a 2010 with 40" deck. The gravely 34 I traded it for (yes I took a hit) has given me over 1400 trouble free hours.

9. a clear difference lawn

No - the small one is the Gravely compact 34 and the larger one is th zt52hd. I beleive the 100 series has an upgraded engine, a better (air ride) seat, and zt 3400 hydros instead of 3100. I think these are the only major differences as I compared the machines side by side when I purchased. Same spindles, deck, frame etc. I only use the large machine on half my properties.

10. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

hows that stihl fc 90 edger treating you?? just sold my echo, and was gonna pick up the fc 90 this week. any complaints?? and what models are your trimmers??