Equipment Lists

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Nov 7, 2011.

1. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Why? I have been looking around at the other parts of this forum and see never ending equipment lists. Is there a reason for this? Is this a way people try to legitimize themselves?

I could care less about your POS weed eater, or what kind of truck you drive. Seems as though no one has a list around this part of the forum, so just wondering.

2. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

how many shovel, pipe cutters, crimpers, channel locks, etc would you like me to list? would you like each item on a separate line? or is it ok to group common items?

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I'll flip through the other forums and post if I think I have something to offer and all of their long signatures drive me nuts. Especially the ones with craftsman mowers and ford Rangers.

For a while I was using this signature:

EIN Number
    General Liability
    Commercial Auto Policy
    Workmans' Comp
    Those are my most important pieces of equipment. I don't give a rat's a$$ what kind of blower or trimmer you have

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I think it was probably just a few guys "chest thumping" and it caught on and now it's the norm.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I think it should all be listed seperately. And don't forget to list all of the fittings on your service truck. I'm making my list now, see you guys in about a week :laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Can I just provide the Excel spread sheet with all the inventory of fittings, pipe, hand tools, electronic tools, compressors, trucks, computers, software? :)

I'm sure it's primarily the young guns trying to show off. We've all made fun of it.

7. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

We sure don't see "my profit is bigger than your profit". Hmmm.

8. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Hahaha!

That is kind of what I was thinking. Honestly, I couldnt really tell you how much of what I have. I only keep track of the big ticket items i.e. trenchers, trucks, trailers, rock saws etc. When I hire a new Forman/Tech I outfit the truck, and to get new tools they have to turn in the worn out tool. If they have nothing to turn in, I assume it to be stolen and deduct it from the crew's pay check. Needless to say not much gets stolen, and when it does I have 3 guys in my office "secretly" telling me that the fourth stole something.

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason I do it is the same as why I list my modifications to my Dodge Cummins truck on the Diesel Forum I am on. Having the info in the sig line serves multiple purposes.

1. It gives people info they may need to help answer a question I have asked.
    2. It will allow them to see for themselves if I am answering certain questions from experience, or, opinion. If I'm answering about a mower, truck, etc, listed in my sig, there is a good chance my answer is more valid that someone who has never used one.
    3. People who are looking for help can ask me specific questions about the equipment listed in my sig. "Hey man how do you like that John Deere 36?"

Enjoy my sig hahahahahahahha

10. Not to ruin a good argument but in CP go to edit option(right above ignore list which doesn't get used nearly enough.) scroll down and you can eliminate signatures, avatars, and images.