Equipment Loading

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Alf1096, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Alf1096

Alf1096 LawnSite Member
    from TX

I just bought a lesco 200 gal skid. I am looking for a way to be able to load this by myself safely. I have thought of a gantry crane but don't want to spend 700 right now. Any ideas I was thinking of using a engine hoist. I know someone has come up with a good way.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Forklift or skidsteer?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Alf1096

Alf1096 LawnSite Member
    from TX

I will only be spraying so don't have a need for heavy equipment.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

To slide it onto your truck or off...you need a low picnic table about height of the bed. My suggestion: use a boat winch or come-along to pull it off or on.
    Bolt the winch to the sprayer. Hook the cable to the truck when pulling it on. Hook the cable to the table or platform (or a convenient beam or tree) when pulling it off. A bit of lubrication on the bed will help. And try to have the tank empty.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a great idea:weightlifter:

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

What works good with the table is 2 piece of 1.5 PVC pipe to roll it out on. The tank does need to be empty.

Charles Cue

7. jjensen

jjensen LawnSite Member
    Male, from Northern Mn.

This is what I use to remove my skid from my Silverado. I can have it in or out of my truck in about 10 minutes. I installed a cable winch in my reinforced roof rafters. By using a spreader beam and small ratchet winch with chains attached to four points on the skid, I simply lift the whole unit up. Move the truck and drop the skid on a four wheel cart. Ratchet strap one end down and it can be wheeled out of the way until it is needed. Works very well. This set-up also aids in draining any left over product in bottom of tank. I have found many uses for the winch set-up. Comes in handy.

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

8. Alf1096

Alf1096 LawnSite Member
    from TX

Would love to do something like that but don't think my roof would hold it lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Love that set up!!!!

10. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

Great set up!!! I think that would be handy for lifting the front of a mower to to swap blades also.