1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment maintenance software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Farbio, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Does anyone use any kind of software specifically for tracking truck, trailer, and equipment maintenance? I dont think software is needed for smaller companies but once a company gets 10+ trucks and large amounts of equipment it would be good.

If you have used this type of software. What would you suggest?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Your Wrong my friend....

smaller co's DO need this....

I wrote my own scrpit. that keeps me informed of oil changes. purchasing, consumables,
    and such....

I'm running 7 mowers 2 trucks and 2 trailers. and still doing the books....

handing the books off next year. and have just set up a maintance program with a local shop. to service the trucks. they send me a notice in the mail when it;s time.

wish I could set this up with my local mower shop.

It has become a REAL PITA doing this. and I loose money doing it myself....

3. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Your right, it would also benefit a smaller company. Keeping track of truck and equipment maintenance will save a lot of money in repairs and extend life.

Does anyone use software to track this? Keep part numbers etc.

4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure if this would be something that you would be interested in, I thought it looked really good and you can track quite a bit. see for yourself....
    http://www.mtcpro.com/mtcpro.htm

5. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

That looks pretty good. I think I will try the 30 day trial. Thanks for the link.