1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment Maintenance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnyNCa, Mar 2, 2000.

1. JohnyNCa

JohnyNCa LawnSite Member

Just wanted to see how others maintain there equipment such as how often do u wash your mowers,trimmers, blowers, etc. I usually wash my equipment depending on how much usage it got during the previous week. I usually take off air filter cover it up with a plastic sheet and spray some degreaser all over the engine then wash it off...what do u guys do?

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

We change the mowers oil every 25 hours.As we<br>bought the Kubota for one big subdivision job<br>we wash it after every visit.Tractor/slasher<br>and truck get serviced every 200 hours and<br>washed when it rains.:)

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Our mower get &quot;detailed&quot; at least once a month. I scrub the tires, degrease everything, change the oil after 50-60 hrs. My truck gets washed at least every week, sometimes more. I picked the wrong color(Maroon) I can't keep the thing clean! I don't try to keep the trimmers too clean, just wiped off. <p>I think having a clean appearance tells the customer you are concerned and trying to make an impression. I see some around here that have literally never washed their mowers, you can tell by their work that they don't care either. Maybe one thing follows another.<p>Homer