Equipment Maintenance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ubirajara83, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

Hello just wondering if anyone can help me by letting me know what kind of maintenance should I do on Lawn Mowers and Equipment.
  2. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Keep you equipment clean and well greased. Change oil every 50 hours filter every 100 and grease daily and sharpen blades
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your Kidding ............Right ?
  4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Every piece of equipment you buy comes with this thing called an Owners Manual.

Read it.

You'll be amazed at the kind of stuff you will learn.

:confused: :confused:
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

No doubt!!!!

Original poster; You have been doing this for a while that I know of (from this forum). Shouldn't you know this by now? And if not, I know you know how to search on this site. But you should really know all of this by now. Especially with the list of equipment you have. Isn't really just common "man" sense to know what maintenance needs to be done? And the "specialty" maintenance you look it up in the manual.
  6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't need to do maintenance, it's over-rated. When it starts to act up a little just go buy a new one.:laugh:
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    It would be nice to be able to do so!
  8. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Shoot, after buying over $50K worth of equipment from Mar '06 til now I can definitely tell you that maintenance is not over rated.
    -every monday first thing, air fitlers are blown clean and machine(s) are checked for problem.
    -every eight hours of run time the blades are changed out - about 3X per week.
    -every fifty hours oil and filter are changed out.
    -at the end of each day every machine is removed from the trailer and topped off with fuel.
    and Lord help the dude whose machine is deficient because his butt will then belong to me!
    I run nine full time employees, six ztr's, three 36" or bigger walk behinds and nine 21" walk behinds - problems = big time troubles = down time = me "talking". And you do not want me "talking".
    Maintenance is every day, it is a fact of life and if I have a machine down due to operator neglect, I am for sure not going to neglect his butt!
  9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey sorry for all the sarcasm you may have given up on this thread by now. I guess you caught me in a good mood so here goes. Heres some basics tips check with the manuf of most of your equip. they should have manuals either at the dealer ship or online. For the most part keep your blades sharpened every 20-25 hours, change oil often, clean air filters daily and put grease on any and every daily/weekly. Hydro fluid for pumps at every 400-500hrs hope that helps. My one kind deed of the day. By the way I'm in Ft Lauderdale, are the prices in WPB still cheap as hell?
  10. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Chill out txgrassguy.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor was being sarcastic.