Equipment Opinions and advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mmrunyan1, Nov 26, 2012.

1. mmrunyan1

mmrunyan1 LawnSite Member

Hi all. Just looking for some recommendations about what brands and types of rquipment you think are the best. What 30+ mower is best, what backpack blowers, what edgers, what line trimmers, etc. Just give your thoughts and opinions and why you are so dedicated to that choice.

Thanks everyone!

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Your gonna gets hundreds of different answers.

But A lot of guys look at the dealer support when buying equpment. Do they have a loaner you can use, do they have parts on hand so there is less down time for u, stuff like that. That's your main thing when you look at getting equipment.

My advice would be to go out there and try some different brands of mowers. As far as equipment I personally like redmax and echo

3. nothing beast chunky monkey from ben & jerry's.

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Kubota mowers (they are the only ones who make their own engines, transmissions and so on), dolmar hand helds because of their simplicity and being 4 stroke), and the edger would be anything with a honda engine because of durability.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mmrunyan1

mmrunyan1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input.

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Since I know why your asking I also like grasshopper, scag, and ferris/snapper pro/ simplicity because of how durable they are, cut, and how easy they are to work on. I feel like all the other brands kinda start bluring together and start wondering what the differences are.
    Posted via Mobile Device