Equipment/Parts Sale

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MarcSmith, Feb 7, 2006.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Hey folks

I figured I post here since it sort of applies

In the next couple weeks we have to my mechanic from his current shop to the new garage facility.

in the process of this move we are going to do a cleanup of the inventory of parts, junk, ect that have been accumulating over the past 15-20 years. Engines, carbs, ect

Does any one have any ideas as to the simplest method to doing this. I hope to offer the parts on sale here or on ebay before they make to the dumpster.

I figure I'll end up with a pen and paper and a digi cam and just go to town. and on the stuff I have no idea about I can always ask.
  2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you run across any cast iron Kohler engines or John Deere garden tractor parts or attachments, give me a holler first!
  3. MarcSmith

We have never had any john deere garden tractors on campus so i can say we won thave any of those....I'll keep my eyes open for the kohler engines...once I get an inventory I will post a list for everyone...
  4. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

If you put groups of "like" items together into "lots" and put them on ebay they should do fairly well.

As far as around here goes, you might try to put the part number and a brief description and a price for it. Or just take open bids on it...
  5. MarcSmith

the nice thing aboutthe LOTS is it makes for easier shipping...I dont imagine too much will be of much use here, as most of the stuff will have some age to it...But Id rather let it go here first for a fair price/OBO before I go through the trouble of ebay and risk getting ripped off....Seems to have been a rash of people getting ripped on ebay lately on a few of the forums I frequent.

I'm not looking forward to the move, and the mechanic is pissed, but its been in the works for a year and he has done nothing to help his cause, IE get rid of the junk, so we are moving him and his tools and equipment kicking and screaming next week, and then i begin the Junk/not junk proces.