1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

So did you invest in a skid and mini ex?

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

We own some and rent. We have a very good deal worked out with the company we rent from, so much so that I could actually rent a machine for 6 months straight and it wouldn't pay me to purchase it. I always have new machines, don't have to maintain it, insure it, or baby sit it. Knowing when to buy vs. rent is all key to the game. Especially in a tanked economy. Alot of manufacturers are sitting on alot of equipment right now. Throw them a bone, name your price on rental, and you might be pleasantly surprised at their response.

3. etwman

We will be breaking ground on this project in the next few weeks. There is nothing there in this back yard currently. Everything in these CAD designs will be constructed. Most of the 3,000 sf decking is Travertine, 2" honed copings with paver accents & natural stone veneer. It should be really neat when all is said and done, I'll post progress pics once construction begins. Landscape and lighting plan to follow soon.

View 1.jpg

View 6.jpg

View 2.jpg

View 3.jpg

View 4.jpg

4. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

This is going to be a good project! I want to see the before and after pics! Also I wanted to commend you for your company's success and future!

5. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this project X?

6. etwman

No that's another one, this is just a large project.

7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the timeline for X?

8. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

What is X?

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That looks like a neat project. I bet it will turn out real nice.
    Project X is the big secret project we can't know about yet

10. etwman

X (and I say this because I'd rather not expose customer's names because of the scope of work) will start late this fall and most likely go through next year. While we won't be there continuously, we will be there for a large part of the time.

The one above, which we are project managing, I hope to hit hard and be in and out in 2-3 months. I don't have exact hours on it yet in the computer but should by weeks end. We have gotten to a point that the hours we estimate on a project we usually hit within 98.2%. We haven't over run on a project timeline schedule in 19 months. I can attribute that to excellent guys in the field who make stuff happen.