Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a few:

Persistance, Empowerment, Honesty/Integrity, Patience, Efficiency, and Quality.

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Empowerment is very important. If your guys don't want to do the work, and do it well, beyond the motivation of paying their bills, you'll never reach an elite level. Employees want to do it for the gratification and for the better of the company. They have to love (or at least like) where they work and who they work for.

3. younglandscaper

younglandscaper LawnSite Member

etwman just finished reading through the entire thread,wanted to say u got a great buiness and keep up the good work

4. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2733872#post2733872

Ya I don't want to interrupt his thread either. I posted it up for ya in the BM threads. ETW if you have any recommendations on the employee dilemma that would be great too. Thanks

5. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

So did you kill yourself yet jarod from that nice little snow storm we got? That was an insane storm!
    Adam

6. etwman

All my life I've never witnessed anything like it. 4 mile swath wide 10 miles long that dumped 14" of snow in four hours on our site. Nothing anywhere else, wasn't even forecasted. Drive towards Lancaster on dry roads then all of a sudden there's a wall of snow on either side of the highway. We didn't get a flake at the office.

7. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

i was at a buddies house watching a hockey game, left his house to 2-3 inches, got home to nothing, which is about 10-15 minutes north. Where you up at least? I'd hate to wake up at 6 to find out you have 5 hours of plowing to do and the building opens at 8.

8. etwman

One of my guys, who is in charge of the only two sites we do snow removal on went out to salt and called me at 3:30 and said "we are going to need everyone out here ASAP" We had them cleaned by 7 a.m. but it took all we had with 5 guys, trucks, loaders, etc. to make it happen. That's why our customers love us and we don't do anything else. First time I pushed snow in a long time.

I'm sure there are guys that woke up this morning at 6 a.m. in this area and peed their pants.

9. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW thats nuts. Were any of the landscape sites snowed over?

10. etwman

Ironically as it may be that squall line split our three construction sites we have opened up and missed alll of them. With the mild weather coming in this weekend I'm pretty sure we'll put in a driveway early next week. Had that dumped on our sites we'd be down for a week or more.