Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what the archt designed to mirror an old deteriorating wall which will blend into the fieldgrass when.it germinates. Everyone on site seems to like it and it will blend into the softscape when done.

2. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

so you built a wall to resemble a failed wall and sold it to the customer? haha

3. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

It's called making it look established, like it's been there forever. Like building a house that's structurally sound, but looks like it's old...

That traditional feel is very popular, especially on that job where nothing screams "clean lines"

4. burnthecouch

burnthecouch LawnSite Member

And you mow grass in New Jersey

There, both statements sound just as funny to me.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

The distressed look is quite popular. I know when it comes to painting alot of people like the distressed look for cabinets and door ways. I think that wall looks awesome like that. I love your work!!!

6. ox6603

ox6603 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I love how all through this thread people who apparently can't read post random pics of their equip.

Nice work as always etw

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I built deteriorating walls at my house also, they look great once they age

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh:
    If you just read the title to the thread and maybe the first page it is an easy mistake to make---I get a kick out of it since it's been happening for several years straight now.

9. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

I will assure you we are not immune to mechanical failures, as most companies aren't. This morning #3 decided to throw a temper tantrum as we had a crank bearing fail. Unfortunately by the time it was finished it took the whole engine along with it.

Good news: The SNG is electric, which means we were able to take the body off of it with a blown engine and put it on another truck. A standard dump with materials in it, would have been a mess right now.

Bad news: A new 3126 CAT engine is $17k. I managed to locate a good used one for $4500 down in Maryland and we should have it dropped in and back up and running by the end of Friday or Saturday. The new truck won't be on the road until Wednesday next week so it'll be a truck jockeying nightmare for the next 72 hours, but it is what it is.

When they go they go.....but life goes on.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Projects are coming along nice