1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

Why did you get the skid steer over the tracked loader? I know that you have said a wheel SS will be useless on some of your jobs when its muddy. Just wondering. Jobs look awesome as well.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Jarod already mentioned on previous posts he will be looking for a VTS which will give him the ability to do both.
  3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Nice man! I rented a 262B last winter and was very impressed by the machine. Great power and lifting abilities. You will love it.
  4. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that didn't take long. I really wasn't anticipating finding them this quickly, but it was an awesome deal. Half of what they are new. If you notice, they are new, just some surface rust. Shoot the nips are still on the tracks. They were sitting behind a dealership for two years.

5. JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

nice find etw
  6. etwman

These pearls are $14k new! Got them for half. You won't find deals like this one too often, trust me.

Do the math. Basically a new loaded larger frame skidloader, new track system, new tires....all on the road for $24,500. That's a $60k machine new.

And people run to dealerships to by new why? That new warranty and 0% financing just cost you $35,500.00!!!!! better be one honey of a warranty
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Your gonna love those vts we bought a pair off of dale on the boards here, I am in disbelief as to what these machines can do with vts. They out perform the tracked machines I have used in the past!
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

so how does the vts work
  9. etwman

You are about the 20th person that has told me that. I'm very curious to see how these out perform a fully dedicated track machine.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I got a set a year ago for my Gehl off Iron planet they were used but in good condition and got them for $3500

How I ever worked with out them I have no clue. I haven't been stuck, after having these I will say I will never own a dedicated tracked machine. End of November the tracks come off tires go on for snow and stay on till sweeping is done in the spring.

Only down side is your probably going to need a wider bucket I went from a 72"to an 81" because the tracks made the machine 79" wide but is 70" on tires