1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

You will love them like neuswede said, early December tires will be on and it will be pushing snow.

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Once you get familiar with the set-up and it get good at it, how long does it take you to switch out the tires for tracks or vice versa. Guys are telling me about an hour.
  3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Have another machine on handy to help put the tracks in position, thats one of the tips I know of..
  4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I haven't switched them out once they were put on, but it took me less than one hour to install them originally with a helper and our other machine. Dale has directions that helped a good bit cut the learning curve, do a search for it. I would imagine 45 minutes to an hour to go back to tires would be accurate.
  5. twward

twward LawnSite Member

Even though you just purchased a 262 as well as the VTS system, this might be worth looking at too:

I know that the machine is not as clean as you would like, but for the opening bid of $8,000, it might be something to consider. Atleast you could have it as a "back-up."

The machine is sitting at the Caterpillar's (Gregory Poole) Fayetteville, NC repo yard.
    If I remember correctly, you have bought trucks from NC so this wouldn't be too far out of your way.

Anyway, just food for thought.

Take Care!
  6. etwman

It will be very interesting to see what that goes for, stuff is so soft right now. If I had to guess I'd say you might be able to get that machine for around $13k maybe? I don't need another one. It is incredibly tempting right now to be able to buy equipment at such great deals.

The silver bullet in all this is to be able to buy the equipment at these low prices right before this economy roars back. Who knows when that will be. After it comes back these deals will be gone for a long time.
  7. etwman

Pulling out Friday. Finishing the walkway tomorrow and punch list. Guys did a great job with this one. All that's left is are special pier caps which are on order. Onto the next one.

8. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

no plantings?
  9. blsmonroe

blsmonroe LawnSite Member

Looks great. Is that paver product CST Ridgestone?
  10. etwman

Very minor plantings, mostly sod and seeding. Most will go in next week. We were hired by a GC to do all the brickwork, walls, flatwork, and fencing.

No, its not CST Ridgestone.