Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never understood why people insist on pouring concrete under pavers. To me its the dumbest thing. It goes against everything the industry states is right. If your base is right, compacted correctly, and pitched, you have nothing to worry about. Flex edge to secure the edges.

2. klsgc

klsgc LawnSite Member

yeah, I hear what your saying, but on the other hand I have seen quite a few drives with wear patterns and depressions infront of the garage where the cars drive on the same spot 5-10 times a day. Would you go 6" of chips and dust, then an inch of sand, or skip the sand for the driveway?

3. klsgc

klsgc LawnSite Member

btw, I cant vouch for the base used on the properties, so they may have skimped.

4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

KLS, you need way more than 6" of base material for driveways. This could be part of the problem along with many other possibilities.

5. etwman

Its all in the base. I have 18" in front of the garage at my house and put 12-18" in most driveways that we do. Textile and checking overdig stabilization are a must.

I've never understood skimping on base, its cheap insurance.

6. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

just catching up on this thread that i haven't read in months. best quote/advice i've heard yet

7. yardworks  inc.

yardworks inc. LawnSite Member

8. yardworks  inc.

yardworks inc. LawnSite Member

sent a pm thanks for any info

9. twward

twward LawnSite Member

I know it is a busy time of year, but are there any updates?

10. etwman

Here's a quick 5 shots of what all we have going on. Pretty busy which is why I haven't had time to update. All the equipment is updated with the new logos, literature is done, and were waiting on a few shirts. Changing over a logo is not a simple process.

Real quick. First couple shots are of a 200 year old property were working on. We've been engaged to do the master plan of the whole property along with implementation. It will be completely refurbished with natural stone walls, pool, landscape, etc.. We've been working there for 2 months and anticipate being there for about 18 more. It has a ton of history to it and is a really neat property complete with an old mill, slaves quarters, and four dwellings.

Second one is an upcoming project (the rendering illustrates one version of what we are proposing). It will have a kitchen, fireplace, structure. Materials are still being finalized.

The third batch is a pool project we just finished up. We blocked up an outdoor fireplace and kitchen under the pavers with all the necessary utilities. This way we can lift the pavers at a later time and go right up with phase II.

E2.jpg

E3.jpg

E4.jpg

M1.jpg

G1.jpg