Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats Jarod, it will do well! I love the name too! Look forward to hearing/seeing how it progresses!

2. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

etwman,

Just finally finished reading the whole thing. Took a week! Unless I missed it, who wrote your mission statement? Employees? U?

3. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

I wrote the missions statement.

4. etwman

I have another side story in which I will post pictures later this week. If weather permits we are going to begin construction of a courtyard patio that is landlocked. The only way in for the 65 tons of stone and 60k lbs of wall block and pavers is via 60 ton crane. Everything is set to go. If ever there is a prime example of why you NEVER price hardscape work by the square foot this would take the cake.

5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

If you dont price it by the square foot how are you pricing it?

6. SDelPrete

SDelPrete LawnSite Member

I would think part of his quote might have in included some square footage but I think he is saying if you solely do bids on sq. ft. you would get killed on that job being you cant get the pages to the area with out the massive crane. So the companies that advertise "as low as $x.xx sq. ft." would get the call and come up with a price on the phone then they get to the job and go "****"

However I could be wrong on his message. :walking:

-Steve

7. etwman

I'm sure I talk about it somewhere in this thread but I'm not going to dig for it. Never ever ever, and I can't emphasize that enough, price jobs per sf. So much depends on access and many other elements of the job. They beat this to death over in the hardscape section and other professionals will agree with it 100%. You have to know overhead, time it'll take to build it, material costs, cuts, levels of patio, and lots of other stuff. Go take an ICPI course. Guys that say they can install pavers at $ x/sf should be shot. If I held someone to the infamous $9/sf on this job we are about to do they'd lose their shirt, truck, skid loader, and wallet before they were done with it.

I'll leave it at that.

8. SDelPrete

SDelPrete LawnSite Member

you seem to explain it better then myself haha. Anyway I'll add that I've read through your thread many times and other post. You are very knowledgeable and I learned a lot from you. I would love to come check out your office/shop one day as I don't think you are all that far from me over here in Jersey. Your work is outstanding and I'm constantly impressed with the work you and your teams put out. Well done.

-Steve

9. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

I would also love to make a trip up from maryland and chat with you.

10. etwman

I should give some more thought to something within the year. I get approached about this type of thing quite often (both in threads and PM's), and while I'd like to spend time having others come to our facility, it takes time.

I'll chew on this a little more, maybe approach Marty Grunder about coming and speaking for a portion of the day as part of it. If you've never heard Marty speak that would be worth the trip alone. He's a wealth of knowledge. I'll see what I can do.