1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

no thanks, no positions available we need titles created for... im just curious how many people does the director of biz development direct?
  2. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

You should be thoroughly impressed with the great weather Dayton has to offer :laugh:
  3. ClearViewGroup

ClearViewGroup LawnSite Member

Like so many before me I stumbled on this thread when I was bored the other day, I spend most of my time in the Heavy Equipment forum..needless to say boredom has not been a problem for the last 227 pages and roughly 7 hours..

Jarod, you sir are an inspiration. The work that your company turns out and the changes that I witnessed from 10 years of growth in the 7 hour period of reading this thread was astounding. Keep up the good work and carry on!

4. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

Sounds like Ill be seeing you along with a bunch of other familiar faces here in a couple weeks! I am looking forward to some more of that grunder goodness haha!
  5. AppomattoxRiverLandscapes

AppomattoxRiverLandscapes LawnSite Member

AHHHHH! I so want to come and hear Marty so bad, but I simply can't afford to come up there. However I am ordering the CD's from the GROW 2011 conference and I plan on attending next year. You guys have fun and please don't be to hard on us who are not able to be there!
  6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I'll let that question keep you up all night long wondering the answer..

Here is my question... Would you rather buy landscape services from someone with the title "Director of Business Development" or "Salesman."

Above "Director", we have "Vice President of Business Development."

Appearance and delivery is EVERYTHING.

Jarod has this game beat by a longshot with what he does.
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

one of my favorite threads. Jarod yall are an inspiration.
  8. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a old spin to make something sound greater then it is. In the end the customer thinks they are special because the talked to someone HI UP in your company when in reality they met your salesman. If it works that's what matters, all customers are special as long as they are spending $ but IMO your salesman's title sounds misleading.
  9. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

You know here's the interesting thing with our GROW division and I continue to learn everyday. 5 years ago I sat down with collegues that said to me, "you are too narrow minded with high end design/build. The market won't substantiate it. You're limiting yourself too much."

If I'm wrong with this GROW division in 5 years. I'll put $100 bill in your hand. Let's leave it at that.
  10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

but is your company large enough were people are going to think that title is worth something. or is the direcetor of biz development going to be working on a job one day as a laborer because that would pretty much blow it? i can see your point somewhat though.