Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

I am really jealous of the pics and comments that you post from your experiences with marty and the crew. I need to put some money aside this year to attend at least one of his symposiums next year

2. JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you guys had fun. Hope to make it out there in the near future. I look foward to it.

3. brian1425

brian1425 LawnSite Member

How are the projects coming along? My assumption is good and there has been no time to update your thread.

4. yardworks  inc.

yardworks inc. LawnSite Member

Etwman I was needing some info on marble paver installation. I was wondering how you handle the initial compaction. Also how you make sure your joints are filled without the use of a compactor. Thanks for any info.

5. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not pre or post compact travertine that is 1" thick. It's too brittle and you are setting yourself up for issues.

6. yardworks  inc.

Thanks, also what kind of edge restraint do use with the thinner pavers? The marble pavers are 1 in. thick.

7. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

The same place you would buy travertine from should have a low profile edge restraint you could buy also.

8. barney14

barney14 LawnSite Member

ETW any new pics of projects? :canadaflag:

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Solar powered bedding plants? Que paso?

10. yardworks  inc.

On the pool area in your previous post where you used the travertine, what was the thickness? Also someone had told me to compact the bedding sand, I have never heard of this. Also on the joist, did you use polymeric or regular sand. The reason I have the questions is I have heard several different opinions on this subject. The manufacturer says to use a half inch of sand, but also states to follow icpi standards. Any issues with compacting close to a concrete pool? The general on the job had some worries when I told him the compaction I would need. I know you are busy and I appreciate any other info you might have. Thanks again.