Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

These conferences, are they just for landscaping companies or is the information kind of interchangeable?

3. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

They are focused on the green industry, but I think any business can gather good insight from it.

4. BigMatt11

BigMatt11 LawnSite Member

Wow! What a great source of information, along with a remarkable business.

Subscribed

5. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

From a good friend of mine: "You spend the first 10 years finding your way in your business and building infrastructure, the next 10 are spent improving processes / efficiencies, and the 10 after that (assuming a 30 year career), are spent reaping the benefits of what you have built."

I believe there is alot of truth to this and if you think for a moment that you are going to start a company and its going to be a well oiled machine I have news for you. Its gonig to take time and patience. If you don't believe the above quote take a look around at companies that are 10, 20, and 30 years old.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with you that there is a lot of truth to that. You don't build a successful company overnight.

I may of overlooked it, but what equipment are you running for your maintenance division? Still the old Hustler mowers?

7. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I completely agree with this. A friend of mine has about 14 years into his business, although part time, and when starting out he just worked his tail off with only me helping and currently he has about 2-3 guys doing the work for him now. I know he's not doing this full time but it's a legit company and he's really reaping the benefits of it.

I've just wasted too many years :hammerhead: Hopefully I can get things going better. This thread is always a good motivating tool. Along with Joe Calloway's book.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I read that somewhere and for the life me I cant recall when or where but that quote is hanging on the wall in the office. Thing is I have a hard time conviencing the bank once in a while. They think 3,5,7 yr that project, equipment, expansion should be paid. I beleive you need a great banker, lawyer and accountant on speed dial and one that will take time to listen to your idea's, concerns and not just show up with numbers and say oh, maybe i can work with ya type of attitude.

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Awesome. I wish we had a like button on here...

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I cant really get the time to go to one of these conferences, are there any dvd's or books or anything like that I could learn from, at home?