Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

guess it depends on your idea of a sizable business.

20 yards a week???? seriously. that's like an after school job for the neighborhood kid.

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

It's another solid fall for us and we will run strong with all our crews right through January if the weather holds on multiple projects. Here's another pool project under construction. Remember this is the best time of the year to start these things. Spring is almost too late.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

3. yardguy28

my whole house could fit inside that pool......

4. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you subbing out the pool? or are you doing it in house?

5. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

Why is the fall the best time to start theses projects? Also do you do any work down in Chester County and the Main Line that is my service area but we are mostly maintenance and small hardscape projects.

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I've been trying to push the patios in fall too "walk out the first nice day of spring and the patio is already done and the grass is growing".

7. yardguy28

PA must not get very much snow in the winter if now is the time to be starting pool projects.

here in IN pool guys are finishing up installing pools and closing already installed pools for the year. at least in the city I'm in.

8. wee alfie

wee alfie LawnSite Member

subscribed.

9. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

PA is a gamble on snow, and truth be told I'm tired of waiting for it so we push on. With the scope of most of our projects, especially the ones that have a pool, if they aren't started in the fall people won't be enjoying them by Memorial Day Weekend. Simple as that.

We have several projects like this underway right now and if the weather holds we'll go solid right through the winter.

10. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

That pool project is looking good! And yea that's a good that you are willing to work through the winter, most companies wont. We work year round unless its raining like crazy. we don't get snow in the San Francisco area just rain to worry about.