Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Today, in our conference room, we had a six hour meeting. I invited one of my good friends and 8 of his admin staff to spend the day with our staff. They are an incredible design build company out of NJ. The things we exchanged and discussed are invaluable and will help us both become better companies. You couldn't buy this stuff anywhere. It was off the hook!

If you think for one moment you are going to grow your company to a high level by doing it on your own and sitting in front of the computer screen this winter you need a good wake up call. Get off your duff and go to conferences with peers and form a hot list of great other companies you can bounce ideas off of. GROW 2014 is in Atlanta and there are a handful of good other ones in the northeast.

2. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

I am definitely guilty of this. I have done absolutely no networking. But spend hours on end reading articles online. Needs to be something I work on this winter/season.

3. etwman

I will be taking five of my staff to the MAHTS conference Atlantic City NJ in February. There are some good speakers lined up and good educational classes they are offering this year. The conference has some good price points as well if you are in the tri-state area. It's an easy commute.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Hope to see you there, im excited to learn

5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

6. etwman

Here's a training event we just did in house. Incredible information exchanged. I'm big on training and development over the winter months and I allocate a substantial amount in our budget for that.

Amongst the attendees for this event was Marty Grunder and his team from Grunder Landscaping. We had people attend from 5 different states.

image.jpg

7. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I wana go to the next one! I will fly out from CA
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. etwman

Here is another shot of Marty and his team talking with our landscape architect. There were some incredibly smart people in this room. When we do training events we don't discuss skid loaders, paver installation, how to plant a tree, etc. We deep dive into some of the most awesome intense topics that truly help landscape companies rise to the top. I rarely look at my watch and we started before sunrise and ended after sunset!

It was an honor to have Marty and his team in our house.

Grunder.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  9. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, would I like to be a fly on that wall. I guess you are allocating a substantial amount of the budget for that, especially if you had Mr. Grunder in house. I have been following and studying your thread for just about a year now and I wanted to know..... is there a point where you would ever consider doing any consulting?

10. etwman

Right now the focus is on building the company to be the best it can be. Maybe in the far future I would consider the other but not now
    Posted via Mobile Device