Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Sent you a pm. Depending on where the final 7 are traveling from can we adjust the start time? Looks like you're about 3.5 hours away from me

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

2 slots left. I want to hold it to 7 because I want to use my conference room. First come first serve. This should be good.

3. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Im interested

4. normower

normower LawnSite Member
    from pa

I am interested. Are there any slots left?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I really agree with the point you made about family life, I'm a young guy and I don't have a family yet. That is a huge point that too many people on here don't realize. You can't work 10 or 12 hour days, 7 days a week, or 6 for that matter and still have a good relationship with the important people in your life.

Making money and building your business is not the most important thing in your life. The important people in your life, family or not, deserve more from you than an hour a day.

Its sad because it often takes a loss of life to realize that you should have spent more time with someone but you were just too busy because of trivial matters. Understandably you have to provide for people in your life materially but that isn't the most important thing in life. I don't know who agrees or disagree's but it seems to be a growing trend among business owners especially in the Landscape field. Alot of my competition is divorced and trying to build a business to fall back on to find happiness. They're failing miserably.

6. sepm

sepm LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

ETW what motor is in your freightliners, have you had any major issues? What millage would you be comfortable purchasing a used truck with?
    Thank You

7. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i believe they all have the cat 3126. these engines are built to last 500k miles. a couple hundred pages back he discussed how he wouldn't recommend purchasing with 150k miles considering he only puts 10-15k a year on them.

yes.....i am addicted to this thread, and how he built and expanded this incredible business.

8. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

They all have between 150k - 225k on them now. We only had one issue which we resolved.

As far as the 18th I am full now. If you are interested I can put your name on a waiting list. Those who signed up should send a check within the week. If I don't get them I'll open it up to others. It'll be really good, there's a great group with people coming from 6 different states.

9. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do a two day event in the future I'd certainly be interested. PA is quite the trip for one day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Hopefully it will turn into an annual event. I too would love to come but I think I could benefit more from what you have to offer in another year or two as I will not only have employees at that point but will be implementing systems as well.

Really great to see how you are willing to open up your facility and your mind for the day to help others in the industry.