Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Most modern diesels need to be run hard every once in a while.

2. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Head cracked, injectors, trans delays going into 1st. We drove it to the mechanic because we knew the head gasket was going then once it was all torn apart it was a mess. I would've had $12k in it to put Humpty Dumpty back together again and I'm just tired of it at this point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Chris_NC06

Male, from Sanford, NC

What will you let it go for? :)

4. etwman

They offered me $2500. The title is sitting on my desk. They've got some time in it that they took out before that offer. I had though about parting it out but I'm not sure I even want to bother with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ODP19

ODP19 LawnSite Member

I know your looking for a crew cab and a newer truck, but for someone looking for a landscape truck to replace the F-450/550 size range, would a lower mileage FL50 or 60 be practical? Something with a cat or cummins with fairly low miles should still have a lot of life. Whats your opinion? Is it to big of a truck for both its gvw and for landscape maintenance?

6. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

They've got the air ride suspension available, on the 2500/3500. You may inquire if they're offering it on their heavier chassis.

7. etwman

I need one truck in the fleet that is four wheel drive. I could go to a terrastar but I've heard mixed bags on their truck. I could convert a lo pro M2 but that would be big bucks and I'd want a shorty. We would use this truck for plowing.

It's hard to fathom that these rams are $60k. I could put a Freightliner on the road for less than that. Our FL-70's are 13,14 and 15 years old and run strong. One of the best investments we've made. In that time frame I've had a 98 Dodge and the 550. Putting less miles on those and they're basically throw away trucks. Bigger is better for sure.

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Why not set it up as a switch and go with a landscape bed. And then a salter

Someone around here has one. He also has a quad axle crew cab dump lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Chris_NC06

Male, from Sanford, NC

Do you really need another dump? Why not another 4x4 Duramax P/U and a dump trailer? I agree the prices on commercial trucks are crazy, but then again the price on just about everything is crazy nowadays.

10. etwman

I'm looking at a SNG on the Dodge. Pulling numbers together now.