Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with Adam. Everday around here is someone new with a truck and trailer and off to menards or home depot for the lastest sale and quick reatining wall or paver job. 1 in 5 guys I see actually do the job well as far as appearance, compaction etc but after figuring there cost, all the time to layout, get materials etc they have had to lost money, unless they figure $5 / hour clear is good.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

-Hey Jarod

Looking at picture #2 of the project you just finished......why is it that the rise of the step is further out then the tread? I've never seen that, is it the product or a layout/design issue or what?

I know you don't sub out but what about things like plumbing, electrical and structures? In VA you'd have to have all kinds of separate licensing and testing. Is this also the case in PA?

3. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

In pic #2 Todd they are going to put a hot tub on that lower landing. See if you follow this....the hot tub has access panels on the sides so they need to be able to get to them. The hot tub will be about 1 foot away from both of those steps. They are going to fabricate a trex decking landing there and use that exposed block lip as a ledge. They'll lift the decking out to enable them to access the fold out doors to the hot tub. It'll be pretty slick when its done. If the hot tub is full of water, and right up against those block steps, they'll never get the access they need. I know it looks a little awkward now but that'll be hidden with trex once the hot tub is in.

On that job we referred our electrical work to a friend of mine who has a small company. They worked with them indepently of us.

The structures and plumping he's taking care of because that's his profession.

We took care of all the conduit running, demolition, hardscape, landscape, and seeding on this one then pulled out.

4. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering the same thing, but figured you had a good reason. that will look awnsome when its done. great idea, but know every one is going to use it on their designs now.:laugh:

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Yeah that makes sense. I like.

BTW- the polished stainless is holding up great and has not faded at all

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I said I would add a pic of my new Super Z bumper, so here it is.

100_0024.jpg

superzbump.jpg

7. Nature's Edge

Nature's Edge LawnSite Member

Nice truck and trailer!

8. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

ETW... That Job on page 51 and 52, looks amazing, very nice work. I also love your trucks.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

That looks very cool!!!!.......ETW you do amazing work!!!!

10. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

is the jd skid & track loader & the mini ex yours?
    do u have a website