Equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by etwman, Dec 20, 2002.

1. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

In 2003 (I believe) Freightliner dicontinued the FL-70 line and introduced the M2 series. Quite a few improvements were made as a result.

2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

ok thanks:)

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the pics of the shop. It looks awesome!

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

5. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

That sounds like a neat project. It's always nice to do a project every once in a while thats a bit of a change from what you normally do. Make sure to post pics, I've always wanted to build a mini-golf course ever since we did a project in college where we had to design one.

6. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Congrats.....Truck looks showroom ready.....I didnt realize that Volvo and Mercedes both make mid duty trucks....going to SC tomorrow to take a look at a few 08 Volvo Mid Duty trucks.....curious to to know more about them....

7. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

that's awesome. CONGRATULATIONS!!

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad they called it an International when it's a Freightliner. Jarod, I'm sure you're sick of talking about the freightliners so much but I am curious how the cat engines are holding up. I've always been a international guy because the DT's are bulletproff, and I will be looking into one sometime next year similar to thomas's with the way things are lining up.I gotta ask because I have heard some horror stories of cat engines on ambulances and boxtrucks blowing engine rods and cracked blocks only after about 100k miles. I'm sure you take good care of them maintenance wise but afterall you guys do use them a lot and they do get a workout.

9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Nice 'International' Jarod!

10. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I did catch that the other month when I realized they posted that on their site. I didn't even realized they had put the thing on thier site until about 6 months after MAHTS.

The CAT's have been holding up fine with no issues at all. When we first started looking into bigger trucks I wanted a International 4700 Lo Pro with the 6+1 pretty bad, but finding one of those used in the length I wanted was like looking for a needle in a haystack. If you found one it had a roll back on it. So I finally gave up and went with the FL-70's. Haven't had any issues. Bottom line is really whether it be Freightliner, International, Sterling, Mack, etc. these bigger trucks are made to be worked. While we work our two, compared to what they typically go through w/200,000 a year from a lease customer, it's really not that bad. We haven't put more than 25,000 on either of them since we bought them.