Equipment pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bluemoon, Dec 1, 2002.

1. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

2. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Welcome to the forum. Great looking setup, I like your solution for dumping the Walker.:cool:

3. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

nice set-up:cool:

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Nice set up.
    I have a question on the chains on your trailer, I chris cross the safety chains when I hook up the trailer. The thought is that if it comes unhitched the tongue falls into the loop instead of digging into the pavement. Does anyone else do this?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice setup. Clean and functional. Welcome to the site, and I'm sure you, like everyone else wil find this to be not only just a great asset of information, but a great experience, also.
    Cantoo, to answer your question about the chains, though I don't practice this, I believe this crossing method to be the safest way to go. It just adds so much support and so much less force pulling on the chains at the trailer end, which afterall, is the area most likely to snap if not welded or wrapped correctly. I really should start doing this myself. I have an employee that hooks it up like this, and I've never said anything to him against it. There's no reason. It just makes good sense.

6. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

cantoo,
    i also criss cross my chains for that reason, i just hope i never have to find out if it works!

bluemoon,
    nice rig. what size is your trailer? and do you have to worry about the clippings blowing all over when your on the road?

7. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

The trailer is a 18 ft. car hauler with modifications. Yes, if I am out on road, the clippings get on everything. However, I am lucky , most of yards are local, and where I dump is very close.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

bluemoon, do you bag all your lawns and if so, how many time do you have to dump you truck in a day?

MATT

9. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Walker-Talker,
    If its grass, just 1 time per day. Leaves sometimes twice.

10. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Walker-Talker,
    Sorry forgot to answer , yes I bag about 99% . I haven't had any success in promoting mulching. The 1% is side discharge, nasty, dirty stuff.